For years, part of that tradition involved a long list of resolutions that would last for a few weeks, at best...and that's a tradition I've been delighted to let go of. Instead, now, I choose a word. One word that sets goals and gives me permission to chase them.
For 2013, my word was "Dare". We got along incredibly well and had quite a wild ride, Dare and I...we made strides, had adventures and broke through barriers. 2013 was sometimes a hard year, but it was a bold, good one too.
for 2014, my word is "Embrace". This year, I want to embrace the hard parts and struggles as well as the good times, my goals and desires (even the ones I'm pretty sure are silly), every opportunity that knocks, and especially the people in my life that I didn't get to spend nearly enough time with in 2013.
Happy New Year....May it hold all of our hearts' desires!
1. To clasp or hold close with the arms, usually as an expression of affection.
2.a. To surround; enclose
b. To twine around
3. To include as part of something broader.
4. To take up willingly or eagerly
5. To avail oneself of
1. An act of holding close with the arms, usually as an expression of affection; a hug.
2. An enclosure or encirclement
3. Eager acceptance